Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Disability Sports Festival, CSUSB

In the spring of 2011, I began attending California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB).  I had a major and a minor which was studio art, concentration photography.  By the fall quarter of 2011, I had just a major – studio art, photography.  And I was in my first photography class at CSUSB.  It was documentary photography.  And like the first time I took a photography class (way back in Texas in 2009), I quickly learned how much I didn’t know all over again.  The disability sports festival is an annual event at CSUSB and it was our class’ first assignment.  I took hundreds of frames and the majority were done in the classic documentary style.  But these are among my favorites and they are far more artistic than documentary.  And it was the first time I was experimenting with “the movement blur” (or too slow of a shutter speed for what you’re trying to photograph) as a style.  Enjoy.

This shot is my favorite among the bunch.  It’s so crazily dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment