Sunday, September 5, 2021

Do You Know Your Visual Signature?

(Designation, Motion Project 32926 – not named at this time.)

There may be visual signatures for every art form – every form of expression really.  But what I am briefly talking about here is your visual signature in photography.  So, I watched this YouTube by Ted Forbes on his channel, The Art of Photography.  The title of the YouTube was, “What is Visual Signature?  I thought it was very interesting and if you are into art photography stuff you should watch it.  In Ted’s video, he explains that your visual signature is your lens’ focal length and that it is a good idea to master your visual signature in your photographic work.  To my point, my visual signature for my Kinetic Ambiguity Project is 300mm and for my Motion Project it is 135mm.  That is not how I began on those projects but that is how it has developed over the last few years as those have proven to be the best focal length for those projects.  The video gave me a new way of looking at focal length.  You should watch the video.

(Designation, Kinetic Ambiguity Project 28825 – not named at this time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment