Sunday, February 17, 2019

Felix LA Art-Fair

So, Art-Fairs.  I didn’t go to this one but I kind of wish I did because it seemed different.  I did read about it in ArtNews though.  The article; “‘Everything Feels MoreIntimate’: Felix LA Brings New Life to Art-Fair Circuit” by Janelle Zara, posted on February 15, 2019.  You should read Ms. Zara’s article because it is interesting and I’m not going to redo what she did in my post.  This is what I learned for me though – you can buy t-shirts (art t-shirts or really t-shirts with art on them) at Art-Fairs.  Which means to me, I can sell art t-shirts.  Also, this Art-Fair was held in a hotel, not a convention center or the like.  Galleries set up in rooms in the hotel.  The hotel was the Roosevelt Hotel and, from what I read, the place has a lot of history.  The article had a lot of discussions on the feel of this Art-Fair compared to the big box type of Art-Fairs.  But what I gleamed that seemed most important to me was the price ranges some of the galleries were selling art at.  For me – because I’m trying to sell work – that is useful information.  Along with that part regarding t-shirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment