Sunday, February 3, 2019

Photo LA – 2019

Yesterday, I went to PhotoL.A. – 2019, at the historic Barker Hangar, in Santa Monica.  It was raining.  Not a light shower or drizzle, it was raining.  You can still see the art fair today up until 4pm, (I believe but check the link above to be sure) but the earlier you go today (opens at 11:00am) the better chance you have of not being rained on.

For me, it was a good photography art fair.  I liked the old location in Los Angeles better but this this still worked.  I saw a lot of really good work and I saw work that made me feel good about the work I’m doing with my images. My website shows a lot what I’m doing except my Motion Project – it’s not ready to go on the site yet.  But this might have been my last Photo L.A.  You know when you get that feeling that something is out of sorts – something is not quite working.  The last time I went to this art fair was 3 years ago and I got that same kind of feeling then too.  I have experienced that “feeling” in different setting and places from here to the other side do the world – and I have had these “feeling” since I was a child.  No one said or did anything to me nor did I see something along those lines.  But there is non-verbal communication going on all the time – I have learned to be cognizant of it.  But this is a great event for photographic art lovers.

I even met Ms. SusanSpiritus at her gallery’s booth, G05.  That was cool but I was really awkward – there went my first impression.  And I met the artist Ms. Hui Yi, who was with the SoPhoto Gallery out of Beijing.  Yes, all the way from China to participate in this art fair.  That’s cool and she was nice – she briefly explained her work to me too.  Photo L.A. is really a great chance to see some exceptional photographic art.  If you can make it today, you should go.  It’s not free but you’ll see some amazing work.

 This is what I drove through to get to Photo LA.









 It doesn't say it on the label but this is from the Susan Spiritus Gallery.
And this is one of Ms. Hui Yi's images I took of her post card.

No comments:

Post a Comment