Sunday, May 16, 2021

Do You Know Who Marina Abramovic Is?

“I never thought about how to sell performance; for most of my career I’ve done it for free”, Marina Abramovic.  This quote comes from an article on Sotheby's website, "MARINA ABRAMOVIĆ: A WOMAN’S WORLD", by Amah-Rose Abrams, May 10, 2021.  Basically, Ms. Abramovic is a household name that I never knew.  At least the article starts out saying so.  I admit, I only read the first paragraph then started looking at the images and highlighted quotes eventually coming to the quote you see here.  That quote made me stop and think – Ms. Abramovic had money or access to it all those years.  She could afford to do “it for free”.  She was not the artist I was looking for.  And you are correct, I do not know who the artist I am looking for is.  What I do know is that the artist is not well known but sells their artwork for a comfortable living.  I just need to keep looking – I will find them.  I will learn from them.

Well, you might as well have a look at my website since you’re here.  Tell me what you think of the artwork on it.

(Designation, Kinetic Ambiguity Project 596 - not named at this time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment