Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Entry 12: 10 Photographs

Ok, where was I?  Oh yeah, this is a photography blog – not a _____ blog.  You can fill in the blank with whatever comes to mind.  I just finished an article on examiner, “Food and Thyme the Art Show”.  A bunch more folks were present at this event than before.  However, the art on display was just as impressive as the previous art show there.  Go peek at that examiner article to see some of the photos of the artwork.  Photos here?  No, I’ll put up some of those photos here on another blog.  This time I’m going to show you something different.  But before I forget (plug time), don’t miss the art show coming up at the Bordello Bar, 900 east 1st Street, Los Angeles, Wednesday (tomorrow), Jan. 19, beginning at 9:00 p.m.  The event is titled “Wicked Wednesday”.  It’s being put on by my buddy Kendra Cryan of Liquid City and will feature art and ‘80s music.  And if you come out to the event (and let me know when you see me), I’ll do a mini photo shoot of you in the Bordello – very sexy, very wild side kind of place – the kind of place Anne Rice would love to hang out at (I think – I don’t know her actually).  Of course I’ll give you a copy of the photos, silly!  Ok, this entry is about 10 photographs.  Nothing in particular really, just some things I have shot that I think look cool for one reason or another.  Here they are:

LA City Hall from an Angle, shot on Oct 27, 2010, Canon Rebel XS, monochrome, no flash.

A Telephone, shot on Jan 9, 2011, Canon Rebel XS, monochrome, no flash.

Bird of Paradise, shot on Jan 4, 2011 Canon PowerShot A540, with built in flash.

Some Rocks, shot on Sep 22, 2010, Canon Rebel XS, monochrome, no flash.

The Way, shot on Oct 27, 2010, Canon Rebel XS, monochrome, no flash.

White Rose in the Sun, shot on Oct 11, 2010, Canon Rebel XS, pictures style was landscaper, no flash.

Metal Flower, shot on Jan 9, 2011, Canon Rebel XS, monochrome, no flash.

Off of Sierra Ave, shot on Oct 11, 2010, Canon Rebel XS, my own defined picture style, no flash.

Sunset on Foothill, shot on Sep 20, 2010, Canon Rebel XS, picture style standard, no flash.

Purple on Green, shot on July 14, 2010, Canon Rebel XS, picture style standard, no flash.

Wow, I did it.  Less talk and more photos.  I know, sometimes people would like to know a little more about the shot and so on.  My apologies to those folks.  Make a comment or email with your questions if you have any and I’ll answer them.  Too easy.  Have to get back on the phone right now though.  See you tomorrow night.

Oh, thank you DeanO for following my blog.  You know I’m a lascivious liberal though.  Just the same, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment