Monday, January 31, 2011

Entry 14: Oceanside Beach

What did I say?  Oh yeah, I was going to feature woman from now on.  As much as I would love to do that, I just take too many photos of other things.  I have to put them somewhere.  Ok, this is a photography blog.  The beach at Oceanside, CA is where I took these photos.  There are women in the photos too so I guess I’m still sticking to the “females” plan.  I won’t bore you with a lot of jibber jabber about this, that and the other on each photo.  I was just killing time before I picked up my kids and listening to my dad talk to me on the phone while I did it.  I won’t jump into the world of TMI and tell what my dad was talking to me about either.  However, since I’m gabbing, how about that situation in Egypt?  That place can’t be any fun right now.  I’ve never been there – been to the Middle East but not there.  The Lee Greenwood song is playing in my head now.  I heard someone on the news talking about how they have a lot of inflation there in Egypt but wages are staying the same.  That reminded me of my “Warehouse Story”.  Back in 1986, I left a job with the once thriving now extinct retailer, Mervyn’s, where I worked at one of their distribution centers (warehouse).  When I left, I made $11.95 an hour.  This is in the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area, again in 1986.  I left the job for the Army.  In 2005, I was preparing to leave the Army and took a night job at a K-Mart distribution centers (warehouse) in the Atlanta metro.  I was supposed to be a warehouseman, like when I worked at Mervyn’s, but was offered a better paying position working for Loss Prevention.  They paid me $12.00 per hour.  Wow - 20 years later and the warehouse job is still paying $12.00 per hour.  Oh wait; it’s less because that was the Loss Prevention pay.  Lee Greenwood is still playing in my head and I definitely don’t want to move to Egypt but that whole pay situation is just wrong.  I don’t know about where you live but the price of gas has gone up a lot more than that wage over the last 20 years.  So has the price of milk, rent, a car, going to the movies, rice, need I continue.  It is sobering.  Let me get to work on income generation.  But before I go, Oceanside, California:

003, The pier at Oceanside.  Ok, I have to write something about the shot.  I used my EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 lens with a focal length of 80.0 mm.  The picture style was set to standard.  I used the same lens and picture style on all of the shots.

010, Looking south along the beach with the focal length at 80.0 mm. 

011, This one the focal length is set to 300.0 mm so I could zoom in on the guy with the camera.  I like photographing other photographers.

016, This one the focal length is also set to 300.0 mm so I could zoom in on the “chicks” in bikinis.  I told you there were females in the photos.

027, I was looking north along the coast with this shot.  Those dwellings behind the trees must be expensive to be located in such an area where you garner such a magnificent view of the ocean.  I don’t think they pay that rent or mortgage with warehouse pay.  I took the shot with a focal length of 80.0 mm

067, The last shot I took as I was making my way back to the parking lot.  Remember, I had to go get my kids.  This is looking south again.  The focal length was also at 80.0 mm for this shot.  I’m going to have to try shooting with the focal length in the middle just for giggles.

Well, that’s Oceanside, CA.  I have some photos of Santa Monica too.  I’ll have to get those up here sometime.  Oh, an idea has come upon me!  The blogging about the female form – I should just start a new blog about that and leave this one to everything else.  Now there’s an idea.  If only I could squeeze in the time, oh well.  Oh, wait!  Thank you, Anita, for commenting on my postings.  And I would love to work abroad (again but this time for someone else besides my Uncle Sam) except not in Egypt.  I’ll just drag my kids along.  Now I just have to find who is hiring and for what.  Yeah, and where.  Ok, I am in need of sleep.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment