Monday, September 5, 2011

PMPro Info, shoot one at Shutterstories in Riverside, Part III

“The important thing is not the camera but the eye.”
--Alfred Eisenstaedt

Ok, here is part three, some behind the scene shots.  These photos are my favorite because I really like cameo shots.  Not all of them are but they are some cool shots just the same.

And before I go, this is another one of the blogs I follow – Cropping Reality.  Ula, the author of the blog, puts up a single photo in a posting – and they are awesome.  If only I could be so Spartan in my approach.  And Ula is in Europe so you get many European shots.  I think you’ll like it:


This was a cameo shot with Sarah Jain, Precious Gilbert and Emily Reynolds all watching the women who were doing there exercise routine in front of the video camera.  I wonder what they were thinking?
Here is Precious and another young lady who’s name I did not get.
Another behind the scenes shot with a lot of stuff going on.  You can see one of the two videographers and the boss fella.  And you get a glimpse of the capabilities of shooting at Shutterstories in Riverside.
Ashley Godby, Janica Polmanteer and Alicia Sorensen discussing their routine is the background for this shot of one of the video cameras.
Here we have Janica, Ashley, Laraine and Sofia Monroe discussing an exercise routine they just completed videoing.
Kama Perry, with her back to the camera, and Stephanie McGill are stretching in preparation for a routine they will work through.
This is a “shallow depth of field” shot focused on one of the videographers with several of the young women in the background.  You get another look at Shutterstories makeup station too.
A “great depth of field” shot of those waiting in the wings for their opportunity to get in front of the video cameras.  The woman in the blue jeans is makeup artist (MUA) Beatriz Munoz.
Alicia and MUA Beatriz are chatting.  I shot this in B/W mode.  I don’t do that anymore.  I learned that I can get better B/W photos by shooting in color then doing post production work to convert to B/W.
A cameo of Janica who was done for the day and back in street clothes.
Alicia’s and the boss’ backside as they watched a routine being performed.
Laraine taking a break – she also knew I was taking the shot.
One of my favorite photos of 2010, a cameo of Stephanie McGill shot in B/W.  We became fast friends and were going to work together (she is also a photographer) but we never had the opportunity to exchange info.
This was an awesome shot of Alicia too.
It looks like a cameo shot but we, Ashley and I, staged this shot – still looks cool.
Alicia again, who knew I was shooting and maintained her demeanor just the same.  What a model!
Like Alicia in the shot before, Stephanie did the same thing by continuing to sit as though I was not there photographing her.
In this shot, all behind the video camera are watching the info shot being set up.  I like this shot a lot.
I catch Stephanie and Taylor Matheny listening to instructions for their video shot promoting the product.
Here Stephanie is acting for me.  She is pretending to be on the phone as I capture her in action.
This is another photo of the video camera with the women in the background not in focus (shallow depth of field).  I just thought this was a cool shot.


That is pretty much the Power Massage Pro initial shoot.  Again, I shot it all with my Canon Rebel XS using the 18-55mm lens.  It was a lot of fun shooting this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment