Saturday, August 21, 2021

Why I Wanted a New Camera

On Christmas, 2019, Jane (my wife and so much more) gave me a dream gift: a Canon EOS 6D Mark II camera.  It was my very first full frame DSLR.  And I have taken thousands of frames with it since then.  Yes, it was the only thing on my wish list (no secret there) and it cost a hunk of change (we are not monetarily wealthy) but I have imagined myself with one ever since I first heard about it in 2017.  Why did I want one so bad, the full frame sensor of course!  What it replaced was my Canon Rebel T3i which I had for five years at the time.  Its age wasn’t the issue, its APS-C sensor was.  I wanted that full frame sensor with a passion.  But has it changed my life?  Not really.  I really like the camera though because of a lot of features it has – not just the full frame sensor.  But I haven’t really taken advantage of most of those cool new features.  I think I’m going to change that though.  I think I’m going to leave my comfort zone and try some of these cool new things.  Stay tuned.

Oh, what do you think of my cool vignetting?

Oh, oh!!  If you like my posts, please add your email to my follow gang so you’ll get a message when I post again. 


(Designation, Motion Project 32960 – not named at this time)



No comments:

Post a Comment