Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Haunted-Hotel Party 2010, Alexandria Hotel, Los Angeles, CA

It is tough to post on Mondays and Wednesdays because school is demanding.  My first class is at 8:00 am and my last class ends at 10:00 pm.  Hell yeah!  Now that is going to school!  So my last class is an intermediate photography course and my professor was saying to me…  Nope, I will not say.  It was a compliment though.  If I told you, you would want to see the set of photos he was referring to and the whole VV Project I am working on.  You will see them though, just not at this moment.  So, this blog is about what I did on the 30th of October, 2010.  I went to the Haunted-Hotel Party at the Alexandria Hotel in LA.  I did an examiner.com story about this but these photos are just focused on the party goers, not the art so much.  It was a lot of fun but not the ride home.  I was still living in Fontana at the time.  That’s an hour ride.  Today that ride is an hour and a half – one way.

A handful of these folks I know and some I recognize from seeing them at other functions but most were just people I saw at the event.  It was an art show/Halloween party.  This is Maureenor Mo, which is what she goes by.

The woman on the right I knew was an artist too, but I cannot remember her name.  I should have reviewed that examiner piece I did.

Kevin Flint again and his fiancé.  Obviously, no flash here.

Alicia, who is another artist I know.  She makes Jewelry.  And no flash here too.

And the rest are party goers.




 












16 photos – aperture, shutter speed, ISO – nothing notable.  Again, I set the ISO at 1600 and shot in the program mode – it keeps it simple.  As before, I shot this all with my kit lens, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, and my Canon EOS Rebel XS. Ok, Wednesday – I am going to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment