Tuesday, July 15, 2014

South Hayward’s Holiday Bowl at the Space Gallery in Pomona

I went to an show opening at the Space Gallery in Pomona last Saturday – it just so happen to be the second Saturday of the month which is the Pomona Art Walk.  I have a lot of interest in the Space Gallery because I will be in a show there next month.  This current show is called Sign Geeks and basically it is a group of photographers who have a love for vintage neon signs and this is their work.  It just so happens that one of the photographers was working in the East Bay and captured the sign of the now closed Holiday Bowl.  I have many memories of that place – mostly good ones.  I spent some time hanging out there when I was in high school.  I had not known that it was closed.  Just seeing the picture brought back a flood of memories of Union City and South Hayward.  It has been a long time since I have been in the Bay Area.  I really need to get back up there.  Enjoy.













No comments:

Post a Comment