Thursday, April 5, 2012

Shoot Locations

I am forever on the hunt for shoot locations.  I like to do model shoots (see the Model Mayhem, One Model Place, or the blog Gorgeous Obsession) in these types of locations or settings.  I think because I just like to shoot at places like this.  I shot these with my Canon PowerShot S5 IS back on February 17th and 18th, 2011.  I was at a scrap yard in the northern part of the city of San Bernardino just below where the 15 and the 215 merge.







Canon cameras.  With the exception of a couple of cell phone shots, this blog has been about Canon cameras.  I really like the product.  Yesterday I went to the Palm Springs Photo Festival.  Canon is a big sponsor of that event.  I saw the Canon table with all those new products they are launching and was at that moment transported to heaven.  I got a chance to check out the new 1DX and the new and improved 5D Mark III and the new Speedlite 600EX-RT flash.  That stuff was really something.  The sales representatives were not.  Where the products sent me to heaven, these two guys sent me straight to hell.  They were basically a couple of bags full of snot.  I felt compelled to take the 1DX and crush their skulls but as decent human beings we don’t do that.  But now I’m thinking Nikon.  I have an investment in Canon and the EOS system but I may change as time progresses.  The product is still top of the line but I doubt that I will ever speak with a Canon sales rep again for the rest of my days.  On the up side, the Fuji rep was one of the highlights of the whole experience.  Because of the quality of that man’s character alone, I may give the festival one more shot next year.  Outstanding job, Barney.

No comments:

Post a Comment