Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Artistic

According to dictionary.com, art is: The quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

Thus artistic would be conforming to the standards of art.  Well, dictionary.com said that too.  I took these two shots at my dad’s place back on January 9th of last year.  I was trying to shoot an “artistic” type of still life.  Up to this point, I had some formal training under my belt (a few art classes including 2-D design, beginning photo, drawing) so I was photographing specifically to make an art photograph.  That’s something I normally don’t do.  I would try this again – a few times.  I don’t think shooting in this manner works that well for me but I had to try it.
You tell me.
Both of these photos were taken with my kit lens, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, on my Canon EOS Rebel XS and I did not use a flash.


No comments:

Post a Comment