Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chriskwanzakkah 2010, Part 4, The Dancers

Oh man, I was doing so well.  The end of the quarter has taken its toll though.  Finals and final papers – it all has come due.  Then the previous weekend the kids and I spent it in Lancaster at grandpa’s for a cousin’s birthday party and stuff also.  That was the worst weekend to go anywhere – the weekend before finals.  But we have made it past it all save for this final essay exam that is due tomorrow.  It just needs a rewrite so I’m stealing time to blog.  Let’s see, the annual Chriskwanzakkah party is still on the table.  This was the December 2010 event as I mentioned before.  There was a lot going on all night but this entry I will feature the dancers that provided a lot of the entertainment.  First up, Rachel – Kevin’s wife to be and longtime girlfriend.  She kicked off the dancers around midnight.

Obviously, videoing this would have been better but I’m not a big video guy.

The next dancer’s name eludes me.  She was nothing but energy though.



And this is Eighth Letter – yes, H is her name.  This is her first set.
She rides the stand up into the cosmos to perform for us.  This was a first for me.


Another dancer, “Marge Simpson”, entertained us with her curves – and feathers.



I love how that blue hair matches so well with her tattoos.

Then Eighth Letter gave us one more set around 2:00 am.
17 photos – shot in program mode like all of the Chriskwanzakkah photos.  I used my Speedlite 430EX flash on all of the shots except the last one.  All photos were photographed with my kit lens, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, on my Canon EOS Rebel XS.  The next post will feature Hanukkah Harry and Jesus.  I know but it was a sight.


Oh and a very big thank you to Mr. Stephen Baird who has just started following my blog.  And his daughter is a soldier!  That’s near and dear to my heart.  She was recently stationed at Fort Campbell, KY, as part of the 101st Airborne Division.  I served there too in the Screaming Eagles.  I went to the first Gulf War as a Screaming Eagle.  A big Army hooah to Tara!!

No comments:

Post a Comment