Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sugar Art and Fashion Show in LA

I may have mentioned this before but I am on a quest to come current with what I am putting on this blog with my photography.  I shoot on average 3 to 4 days a week.  As long as I’m in school (Cal State, San Bernardino), I shoot film too.  I need to make digital copies of all of the film I have also but not at the moment.  I like film but I just don’t have my own dark room so I can only work with film as long as I’m a student.  I plan on setting up my own B/W darkroom in the future.  But the point is I shoot a lot.  I’m working on a few photo projects and those consume the majority of what I shoot.  But I don’t want to post what’s current until I catch up.  And that’s what I’m doing, bringing the blog up to date.  Please bear with me – some semblance of focus is coming.

Ok, the Sugar Art andFashion Show – I shot this on December 3rd, 2010.  It was cool event and fun.  I was in Los Angeles too so I had that long ride to look forward to which is not so fun.  This Sugar Art thing is coast to coast as you can see on their website.

These are some close ups of venders/artist tables set up for the event.

Here is Nylon Pink’s table.  They are an all-girl pop band based out of LA.

And here is Kiki Wongo, the guitarist, and Kaila Yu, the lead vocalist.  The rest of Nylon Pink (I didn’t capture them with my camera) are Katt Lee on bass, drummer Jamie Scoles, and Yuki Ito on keyboards.  They were supposed to perform but something went awry and they weren’t able to.  A brief interview and brief shoot was the reason I went out there in the first place but it still all turned out well.  I’ll get a shoot with them one day.

A lot of artists were here.

Then, for reasons I didn’t quite understand, we had to all move outside for a few moments.  I mean everybody in the building.



There were a lot of photographers here too.  Everywhere I turned I saw one.  Some had some really hi-end gear.  That’s my envy coming to the surface.

This was the venue that the event was held at.

Then we were back in and everything was cool again.

I love large (mural) prints.  I want to print some of my photos this large.  These were cool.

Here is a view from upstairs

This was my “guy” shot – can you figure out why I like this photo?

This was a cool make-up job.



18 photos – aperture, shutter speed and ISO set by the camera again because I was shooting in program mode - again.  As usual at night, I set the ISO at 1600.  And as I do the majority of the time, I shot this all with my kit lens, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, on my Canon EOS Rebel XS.  Alright!  Another post on the blog!  I’m eye-ballin’ Friday already.

No comments:

Post a Comment