Sunday, March 25, 2012

Snowcaps from Fontana, CA

It is Sunday, March 25.  On March 24, I had eight members on my page.  Today I have seven.  With so few it is easy to notice a change.  Such is life.

And by the way, I will photograph practically anything I can – with no regrets.  So we have arrived in 2011.  January 4th to be exact.  I was out and about in Fontana (where we were living at the time) taking in the view.  We live in a paradise like environment but it’s difficult to recognize it when you’re hustling to make sure you and your family can eat.  But I wanted to capture it just the same.



I was using my “drive by” camera, my PowerShot A540, when I was doing this.  If you were me that day, you would be looking north towards the San Gabriel Mountains at Mt. Baldy from a parking lot off of Foothill Blvd in Fontana, CA.  I had the shooting mode on “Kids&Pets” – I haven’t a clue why.  The camera set the shutter speed at 1/250 and the aperture at F-8.  The focal length was 15.8mm.  I wonder, does this kind of photographic data matter?

This photo was shot in “Landscape” mode.  And I was at a light heading east on Foothill looking at the San Bernardino Mountains (Mt. San Gorgonio to be specific – I think).  California State University, San Bernardino, sits at the base of the San Bernardino Mountains – right along the San Andreas Fault which is why the mountains are here in the first place.  I don’t know, but that’s more interesting than shutter speed and F-stops.  But I was hustling that day and took the moment to capture this scene because I know I would not remember it years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment